Imagine an intimate setting as comfortable as home, but with professional caregivers on site 24/7 to prepare home-cooked meals from scratch, and take care of all the laundry, housekeeping, medications, and other activities of daily living. This is the type of closeness available in our licensed, private residential care home, known as an RCFE (Residential Care Facility for Elders), offering senior assisted living in San Jose, CA. Also known as an elderly board and care home, we offer one of the best senior housing options in San Jose and Silicon Valley. If you're looking for a place for mom or dad without the institutional feel of a nursing home or convalescent hospital, this assisted living alternative provides a level of care that is perfect for someone who needs the safety of a rest home with moderate daily activities.
- Nutritious home-cooked meals and snacks (low fat, low salt diet)
- Special diets upon physician's orders
- All medications stored, dispensed, and reordered by staff
- Daily monitoring of residents' health and vital signs
- Bathing (grooming)
- Incontinence Care
- Wheelchair Transfers and Standby Assist with Walker
- Daily housekeeping and personal laundry serviceall linens provided
- 24-Hour Supervision
- Transportation Arrangements
- Daily group activities and exercise
- Bimonthly in-house podiatrist service
- Beautician service provided in-house
- Newspaper & magazine subscriptions
- Cable TV in bedrooms
- Telephone hook-ups available
- Visually Impaired Assistance
- All faiths welcomed
What's the difference between Assisted Living and Residential Care Services?
In California, there is basically no difference, other than perhaps a marketing approach. The licensing requirements are the same and all the services are the same, however in some states, the term "assisted living" is applied to large (up to 100+ beds) institutions while facilities with roughly 12 or fewer beds are termed "board and care."
How do you set your rates?
We determine our rates based on level of care. A senior who is fairly independent may be quoted at the low end of our range. However, as you can guess, costs increase for someone who needs assistance with incontinence, dementia, transfers, or other needs. Rooms that share a bathroom are also typically priced lower. After taking a tour, we set aside time to talk about your senior. At that time we'll ask you to have the senior's doctor complete our physician's report, a family questionnaire, and read our "What to do next" form. After we complete an assessment visit, we can provide a firm quote. Our rates start at $5000, as of February 2015 (may be subject to change). We have no shared rooms, only private.